Are you taking full advantage of expired domains at the moment?
Imagine being able to buy a domain that already has an awesome backlink profile and existing targeted traffic for the same price as a brand new domain.
You can use expired domains to build out a new authority site to slingshot past the competition easily or use them to build out a powerful private blog network.
Whatever you do, you simply cannot ignore the power expired domains offer and today you are going to learn how to harness that power properly.
What You Will Learn
- How to use expired domains to get an unfair advantage
- The easiest way to find powerful expired domains in any niche
- How to buy expired domains with traffic
- How to rebuild expired websites in 1 click
What Can You Use Expired Domains For?
In a moment I am going to show you the easiest way to find powerful expired domains with traffic.
But before I do that, I want to make sure that you understand exactly what you can use expired domains for.
Personally I use them in 3 different ways-
Method #1 – Building Authority Sites
When I choose to build a new authority site or niche site, I never do it on a brand new domain.
The problem with new domains is that you have to invest in building up their authority from an SEO perspective which costs significant time & money to do.
Instead I prefer to register an expired domain that already has authority to build the site on.
That gives me a huge head start and quite often building out a content rich site on a powerful expired domain is enough to crack the first page rankings without any additional work.
You just wouldn’t have that advantage with a brand new domain!
And the best bit?
Registering an expired domains costs exactly the same as registering a brand new virgin domain.
Method #2 – Building A Private Blog Network
Without doubt, the most powerful type of link you can create is a private blog network.
In essence you are building a fleet of highly authoritative sites in a specific niche and then you use those sites to rank any site you want easily.
Private blog networks are the holy grail of link building. You have full control over content, link placement, anchor text and much more.
But all of that starts with finding expired domains in your niche that have a clean link profile and spam free history.
Method #3 – 301 Redirects
Simply take the expired domain you bought and 301 redirect it to your main site.
This will pass over a portion of the link juice and authority of the expired domain to your site immediately. Bonus points if that domain has existing traffic!
However this method comes with a warning, you can get away with doing 1 or 2 of these to your main site for a quick shortcut – but I wouldn’t recommend it as a regular link building habit.
Bonus Method – Private Web 2.0 Blog Network
Just like normal domains expire, so do sub domains from popular web 2.0 blogging services like WordPress.com, Blogspot & Tumblr etc
If you can find them, then that means you can easily build a powerful network of web 2.0 sites for the total price of nothing!
All you have to do is register a free account, claim the expired username/subdomain and you are done.
You can read more about this strategy here.
How To Find Powerful Expired Domains Easily
So now you know how to use expired domains to your advantage, I am going to show you the easiest way to find them.
For that I like to use a piece of software called Domain Hunter Gatherer.
Here are just a few reasons that it is awesome-
- 5 Ways To Find Expired Domains:
- Hunt From Keywords: Enter some keywords from your niche and the software will find expired domains with links from webpages that are currently ranking for those keywords.
- Hunt From Websites: Crawl specific website(s) to find expired domains that they link to. Eg you could find expired domains with links from Wikipedia/The New York Times etc.
- Reverse Hunt Domains: Enter a domain and the software will find all fo the backlinks to that domain and then scan them to find expired domains. Great for snapping up domains that also link to your competitors.
- Auction Hunter: Enter your keywords to search 8 expired domain marketplaces & look up important metrics.
- Web 2.0 Hunter: Find relevant expired web 2.0 domains from 20 different web 2.0 platforms.
- No 3rd Party Services Required: The software also fetches metrics from Majestic & Moz at no additional cost which saves 100’s of dollars per month. It is an all in one solution.
- Filtering/Sorting: You can easily sort and filter by any metric you can imagine including countries and languages. You can even filter to buy expired domains with traffic!
- Bonus Feature: You can rebuild entire websites in just 1 click, watch the video below to learn more.
Take a look at how easy it is to use along with some of my own exclusive personal tips & advice in this video.
I’ll also share a bonus tip that shows you how to register expired domains with traffic! Watch over my shoulder as a find an expired domain with over 11,000 visitors per month in the mental health niche.
Resources In The Video
Domain Hunter Gatherer – Easily the best tool on the market to find powerful expired domains quick & easily with no additional costs.
BuyProxies.org – My preferred proxy provider, you can use the much cheaper semi-dedicated ones.
Build A Web 2.0 Network – This tutorial teaches you how to build an expired web 2.0 network of sites.
Private Blog Network Specialist – Learn how to build private blog networks that right way
Thank You For Sharing The Post
You can download the expired domain checklist below-
Wrapping It Up
So there you have it, now you know not only how to use expired domains to your advantage but also the easiest way to find them.
Whether you want to buy expired domain with traffic or a huge SEO authority – you are armed with the knowledge you need to gain an unfair advantage.
Not only that, but you also know how to rebuild entire expired websites in 1 click which will save you a ton of money and time!
So I only have one question for you…
How will you take advantage of expired domains in your business?